Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sylvanas!

Went back and redid the sylvanas piece. Kind of amazing how unfinished it seemed when I looked at this again. Main critiques I got initially were that all the materials were similar and that I was using too much white light which gave it a blown out photoshop look. Went in and rendered the materials (which took a while) and introduced a yellow light source to complement the purple armor. 

Some feedback I got from the current version of her is that the skulls on her shoulder pads should be larger, her ears should be lower and pointier because she's a high elf, and that the bottom of the image kind of gets confusing because of the soldier at the bottom (who's missing an arm).

Might go back in a few months and address these issues but for right now, I need a break from this piece. Time to move on to something new!

Here's the before/after: http://i.imgur.com/swefu3D.gifv


No comments:

Post a Comment