Friday, August 21, 2015

Fixing up old work

One piece of advice from Justin over at 343 told me was that it's a good idea to revisit old work and try to improve upon them. In my last post I talked about how I was unsatisfied with this piece. Well, I took it into Photoshop and put a B&W filter over it and found a lot of inconsistencies in some of the values. 

Her upper body and face should be the focal point in the piece yet her legs and lower part of the painting had to most contrast between the bright background and dark leggings. I kinda messed around with it a bit and feel like it looks a bit better this way.

I'm still not completely satisfied with it, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I'll probably go back to some of my other concepts and rework them before I apply for internships this Winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment