Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CTN and Networking

A few days ago my friend and I went to a Robotpencil workshop featuring Anthony Jones, Dan Luvisi, and Kalen Chock. This was really one of the first workshops/art gathering or whatever you want to call them I've been to outside of LCAD and it had a ton of industry professionals attending.

What do I even say to these people? How do I network? Part of me just wanted to shove my portfolio in their face, fall on my knees, and beg them for a job. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Networking is an aspect of the industry that everyone talks about and yet don't explain how to.

I shook hands with a couple people, did some small talk, but that was it. How do I find you later? How do you find me? My website?

Now having experienced that, I feel like my next major networking opportunity, CTN, will hopefully go a little bit better. I just designed and ordered some business cards and I'm going to make sure I bring my tablet to show off my portfolio next time!

Meanwhile, here's a little doodle for WideAwake after a month long break!


No comments:

Post a Comment